Thursday, March 18, 2010

Eric Church StaysTrue to Himself

Eric's new hit "Hell on the Heart" is already in the Top 20 which is following the footsteps of his still popular hit that came out late last year "Love Your Love The Most". If you've been to an Eric Church show, you know that he has a unique style and is very passionate about his music and it shows in each of his performances. Eric is making his career about the music — and not about maintaining a "status" for the public. “I’m proud more than anything else that we never changed what we did,” he told The Wisconsin State Journal. “There are a lot of guys, if they don’t get a Top 10, they try something else. And when that doesn’t work, they try something else. We stayed pretty consistent, playing our kind of music and our kind of shows. I don’t think I could have done it the other way. I wouldn’t have been happy.” Eric also goes on to say, “I have a huge reverence for country music,” he said. “I still have albums and still play my old albums. I have no problem with somebody coming in and making a great album. If they come in and don’t make a great record and are just trying to extend their 15 minutes of fame, I got a problem with that.” Eric is currently out on his Jagermeister tour with JoshThompson opening for him. Eric will also be part of the Country Throwdown Tour. Tour dates and more information can be found at his official site: www.ericchurch.com

No comments:

Post a Comment