Saturday, March 13, 2010

Kenny Chesney Talks About His Movie & His Fans

Kenny Chesney makes it clear: Though he isn't touring this year, he isn't taking a break. The country music superstar has been on the concert circuit annually since 1993, but he's devoting 2010 to other projects ... including himself. "I wanted to take a mental break from being me for a minute," he explains to Zap2it. "That's why I'm working really hard to get all the stuff I've got to out of the way. I really need time away." Chesney is back in the studio recording a new album, due this fall; he's also putting the finishing touches on his 3-D concert movie, slated for release Wednesday, Apr. 21. "It's almost like we've captured a whole chapter," he says of the film, "and we'll have it forever. Whether it makes five dollars or $5 million, it's something I'll show my kids one day and go, 'Your dad had it goin' on at some point.'" Chesney will be in a familiar situation with four nominations -- including entertainer of the year, which he's won four times before, and top male vocalist -- when CBS broadcasts the 45th Annual Academy of Country Music Awards on Sunday, Apr. 18. Glad as he is when he wins honors, he's even happier about what they signify to him. "As far as what's taken precedence and the thing I've focused on the most, it's the fans and my relationship with them. Because of that camaraderie with them, it makes it incredibly special."

No comments:

Post a Comment