Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Darius Rucker Also Known As Dr. Rucker


Capitol Records Nashville’s platinum-selling country star Darius Rucker received a special honor on Friday, May 20 when he welcomed The Medical University of South Carolina (MUSC) newest medical professionals during a commencement address as the keynote speaker.
 
In speaking to the graduates from six colleges within MUSC Rucker shared, “You guys said to the world, ‘I’m going to take my brains, my talents, and my smarts and I’m going to help make the world a better place,’ and I want to thank you for that.  Today is a day I will never forget.”

MUSC is special to Rucker as his mother was a long-time employee of the University and due to his recent role on the board of the Children’s Hospital.

Rucker sported a cap and gown during the ceremony and he didn’t leave empty handed—he was given an honorary diploma that he said he will be prominently displayed in his home in Charleston, South Carolina.

“That way everyone should know to call me Dr. Rucker,” he said.

For more information, please visit www.dariusrucker.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment