Friday, May 20, 2011

Jason Aldean's "My Kinda Party" Remains #1 On Billboard Country Chart


Jason Aldean held the top spot on the Billboard country chart with his latest LP, My Kinda Party, for the third consecutive week. The album has been on the charts for 28 weeks and has not slid out of the top five in that time.

Speaking in an official statement before the release of the album, Aldean said that the title of the album embodied his go-it-alone approach to music and life.

"The album is named My Kinda Party because it's totally representative of what I like and what my fans have come to expect on my records and at the 'party' we throw at our shows," he said. "I think the key is knowing who you are as an artist and taking it to an extreme without ripping anybody else off . . . it's all about knowing what it is that sets you apart."

Meanwhile, Taylor Swift's Speak Now inched up from the fifth spot to take the second spot from Alison Krauss & Union Station. The latter's Paper Airplane slid into the three spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment