Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Jerrod Niemann Gearing Up For Second Album


Jerrod Niemann is already thinking about album #2 and is targeting for a summer 2012 release.  From the sounds of it, Jerrod will be getting creative once again as he follows up his debut album Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury.

Of Niemann's new album, he says that it is "definitely going to be another concept record."  "I'm challenging myself," Niemann tells Billboard.com. "I'm going to take more chances musically, just instrumentation and textures and some of these things I'm working on, clear down to the microphone we use. There's going to be a lot of vintage instruments and things like that." He adds that the set will be "harmony driven and groove-driven, a lot of partying stuff on there, too."

Jerrod also continues to tell Billboard.com that even though next summer seems a long way off, Niemann notes that, "I never quit recording, whether it's just with an acoustic guitar or a piano...I'm always recording stuff. I have several songs started already and a lot of ideas I'm looking forward to working on."

Early next month, Jerrod is releasing "One More Drinkin' Song" as the 3rd single from his debut album Judge Jerrod & The Hung Jury.

Check out the rest of Billboard.com's article on Jerrod Niemann by clicking HERE.

Keep up with all things Jerrod by visiting his official website, www.JerrodNiemannOfficial.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment